My husband is very much an A Type personality. I'm a B Type person. I've used avoidance in the past because I just don't know an effective way to deal with him. However, avoidance has left me feeling angry, and resentful. I came to the realization that I've been resisting his A-ness as of late. So, it's one thing to say okay I accept this is him but, it's another to know how to deal with, respond to, and interact with him in a way that will preserve my sanity, dignity, and keep my stress level down. Are there any books available as resources for guiding me through dealing with this difficult man. My easy going don't sweat the small stuff outlook is starting to feel the strain. I know that how I deal with and react to him is my choice, but, when you have the proper communication tools it is a lot easier to make the best choice. Right now counseling is not an option.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- 'Anne' is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- 'Anne' bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by 'Anne' to people submitting questions.
- 'Anne', Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. 'Anne' and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.