Do you know where I can get information on which State Mental Health Hospitals provide the best level of mental health care for chronic mental health patients? Both me and my advocate friends are wondering and seriously considering relocating to those locations with our mentally ill loved ones. Currently, I live in Kent, WA which is near Seattle Washington. My son is bi-polar/schitzophrenic and diabetic (induced by mediations) and is at his second stay of Western State Psychiatric Hospital. I advocate for the best care possible for him and am fighting a perpetual uphill battle of low quality medical care/his non-compliance/short \"windows of opportunity\" when he is cooperative and cognizant which we jump on for any type of medical care from dental/general medical/psychiatric care. It is a horrendous job and very few rewards except that he is still breathing and I am so very grateful for any tiny step of progress. Please send any information you can get. Your efforts are greatly appreciated since this is such an overwhelming challenge. Believe me, we appreciate any tid-bit of information you can provide. Thank you for caring, Dr. Schwartz.
Thank you so very much!
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.