I'm going to try to explain my situation. I started with depression since I was 13. I was abused physically and psychologically by my mom. I got over that. The thing is that, at age 29, I started experiencing panic attacks which I manage to get under control.
One day this horrible thought popped into my mind that I was a child molester. I'm a 32 year old woman,I have always been attracted to men and never attracted to children sexually in any way. I used to love to be around them and I was very good with them teaching them to pray, etc.
So I just want to know why is this thought in my mind? Can these be from demonic obsessions? I went to a counselor and she told me I have OCD. But why sometimes do I doubt myself? It's sad because I wanted to get married and have kids. Now I don't want to.
Thank God I'm going to die and be with God.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.