Please help me..
I am in my late thirties..and with lot of mental struggle within me. I have recently started my PhD and this started soon after that. I was a young, energetic girl until I made a decision to do my higher studies abroad. It's my third year here and already I feel like I am in living hell.
These days I never want to go out. I close my doors shut and and just want to sleep. I am scared of the outside world. I don't want to eat and don't want to do anything. This fear inside me stops me from concentrating on anything and focus and determination are nowhere to be found.
I am not going to college and didn't inform my supervisor and this thought of cheating kills me every second. I am scared and worried what my colleagues will think about me being lazy and incapable.
I went through a breakup last year and was really giving my best to cope. But recently I saw this guy's marriage photos and it's really really killing me.
I just feel like only death is a solution. Please help me. I tried self hypnosis..to meditation..to everything. I donno what I should do? Everyday I wake up at 6 and just lie down in bed with this infinite fear squeezing me from getting up..I am going crazy.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.