Dear Dr. Schwartz Good Afternoon; My question to you Dr. is this, How does someone who comes from Parents who never gave ANY kind of Emotional Support to them, and once they grew up the parents had no interest in either them or their childen(meaning grandchildren). What suggestions could you give me on what I can do for myself or possibly what websites could you suggest for me to help our situation/outlook to improve. I\'m having bouts of Severe Sadness often usually surrounding any type of \"typical family holiday times, etc\" but also a few times withing each month. As I said before, my family takes no interest in me or my kids and I don\'t really know what to do, I know I need to do something to improve things. One thing I have learned is this; I must stop and realize that my family has no intrest so I\'ve come to accept this as hard as it\'s been, but I\'ve done it. How can I/we overcome the situation and make things somewhat better? Can you please help Thank you for your time. Sincerely, Lisa
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.