Hello. I really need advice as I don't know what to think anymore and don't know what iIwant anymore.
I have been with my partner for 2 years and we have a little boy together. Within a month of our son being born a year ago, my partner cheated on me. He promised at the start of our relationship that he wouldnt do this to me. But he did.
I found it hard but forgive him. He likes a good drink and could go drinking all day. When this does happen, I try not to, but I get severly paranoid. When I phone him when he's out and there is no answer, my head spirals out of control. He knows how I get when he doesn't answer his phone. This happens when his cell When is on silent or he's left it in the car or cannot hear it, at least that is what he tells me. I know there will be a day when he's going to walk away because of my paranoia and me pushing him away. I hate being like this. I do trust him but my mind goes into overdrive and I become a different person when he's out for the night at the pub with his mates.
I love him so much. Am I mad??? Please please help. Thank you.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.