My partner and I have been together for nearly 7 years. We have a 4 year old daughter together. We have had our ups and downs over the years and split up a good number of times. Six months was the longest time. Last year he begged me for another chance and said everything was different. I thought we were happy, well, I was anyway. Three days ago he packed his stuff and left. He said that he has not been happy for ages and that he doesn't want me any more. He said it's because of all the hassle we've had and said he didn't feel like I wanted him. I did want him and I gave everything to the relationship and put everything I had in to it. It was so out of the blue for him to go like this, all of a sudden, because there have been no arguments or anything. I really think he is seeing someone else or he wants somebody else. I have asked him but he won't admit it. What do I do? It's all I'm thinking about. In your experience would you say he's seeing some one else?
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.