I was just recently sent to jail and had battery charges against me. I was protecting my mother because my dad was getting ready to beat on her and I stopped it. Anyways, I know i did the right thing and my mom finally decides to get a divorce because this isn't the first time. My older brother finds a place for me and my mother to stay until my father moves out. We are finally in our own house again but my father keeps finding reasons to keep coming over to the house to pick up items. I know he is playing mind games trying to get my mom back and it seems to be working. He threatened to commit suicide and my mom feels as if it would be her fault if he did. Right now i wouldn't care if he did. My brother's wife said she was talking with my mom and she said that my mom told her, "If (my dad) moves back in then (I) will have to find another place to live. I feel as if she is giving in to his crap and leaving me in the dark. She tells us that if he gets help then its a possibility they will start seeing each other again. I honestly don't think my dad will ever get help or is able to be helped. Is there anything I can do to show my mom that she really doesn't need a guy like my father? I'm pretty sure my mom is just scared about financial situations on how to survive and scared of my dad period. I believe she would feel at fault for his suicide if he happened to do it. She is giving in way too fast. Is there anything I can do? I feel cheated!!!
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- 'Anne' is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- 'Anne' bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by 'Anne' to people submitting questions.
- 'Anne', Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. 'Anne' and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.