I have been married for 11 years and I have three wonderful kids ages 9, 7 and 18 months. After the birth of my third child I had post natal depression and I'm just out of therapy and my doctor says I am fine now. My problem is that I feel I am not in love with my husband any more, I am not attracted to him, I find him boring and sometimes annoying. Our marriage was arranged, we never knew each other before the engagement but we were given a chance to meet and see if we like each other. I feel that if my father hadn't pressured me I might have said no back then. At this point in my life I feel that I have always let my father make all the serious decisions in my life including who to marry. At the age of 34 I know myself better and I know what I want out of life but its too late to change anything. My husband is dedicated to me and the kids and he provides us with a good life, he's really not a bad guy. I want this family to stay together and I will do everything I can to guarantee my children's happiness, but I feel that as a person and as a woman I am not fulfilled. What can I do?
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- 'Anne' is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- 'Anne' bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by 'Anne' to people submitting questions.
- 'Anne', Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. 'Anne' and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.