Parent Peer Support Specialist (PPSP) - Children Services - Bullock/Macon Counties
Location: Troy, Alabama UNITED STATES
QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or GED; at least 21 years of age. Must have lived experience raising a child with emotional/behavioral problems or experience navigating various community systems (as a caregiver). Must have the ability to express self clearly and effectively in oral and written communication with basic computer skills; ability to work independently and the ability to function effectively within a team. Be able to work flexible hours (Evenings, some weekends). Must have a valid Alabama Driving License and a clean driving record.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support and services to the parent/caregiver.
- Relate to parent/caregiver through life experiences.
- Provide support and coaching interventions to promote recovery, resiliency and healthy lifestyles.
- Connect parent/caregiver to community supports and natural supports.
- Provide techniques that focus on individual’s self-management and decision making.
- Actively engages with an individual and their supports in directing the design of the service plan and ensure the plan reflects the needs and preferences of the individual.
- Facilitate trainings and groups as scheduled and requested.
- Documentation of events; preparation of progress notes, consults, etc.
Contact: Anita Ellis
Address: 200 Cherry St, Troy, Alabama, 36081 UNITED STATES