Youth Peer Support (CPS-Y) - Children Services - Bullock/Macon Counties
Location: Union Springs, Alabama UNITED STATES
QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or GED; 16 -30 years of age. Must have personal experience (“lived experience”) in mental health services or child welfare service and/or systems, have the ability to “relate” to youth. Must have the ability to express self clearly and effectively in oral and written communication with basic computer skills; ability to work independently and the ability to function effectively within a team. Be able to work flexible hours (Evenings, some weekends). Must have a valid Alabama Driving License and a clean driving record.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support to young adults, ages 16 -21, by sharing lived experiences and building relationships.
- Connect young adults to community supports and natural supports.
- Coordinate outreach and youth engagement within the community.
- Assist to identify goals and create action plans in tandem with treatment plan.
- Facilitate trainings and groups as scheduled and requested.
- Documentation of events; preparation of progress notes, consults, etc.
Contact: Anita Ellis
Address: 200 Cherry St, Troy, Alabama, 36081 UNITED STATES